Reporting Accountant - Oil & Gas Sector
Currently seeking a fully qualified Reporting Accountant for a multinational Oil & Gas company, based near Uxbridge. Ideally experienced in a fast moving, high paced environment.
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate they have strong communication, planning, analytical and system skills. Who is adaptable, extremely proactive and wishing to work in a demanding and challenging role, experience within the Oil & Gas/Energy sector is ESSENTIAL.
- Prepare month-end Finance reporting pack.
- Coordination of the month end and quarter end timetables and schedules.
- Insurance Accounting
- Responsible for ensuring other Income Statement line items are recorded and analysed
- Address local and corporate management queries
- Coordination of Treasury Accruals and Bank reconciliation reviewer
- GL Account and Group Account structures.
- Pre and post cons validations and issue resolution
- Act as key focal point for the Consolidations team
- Income Statement and Balance Sheet - SAP & BI Reporting
- Analytics - Divisional Financial Reporting
- FX Accounting
- Treasury Accounting
- Financial reporting element of Company Set-up and closure
- Proactively work with multiple stakeholders to plan and prepare Impairment reviews
- Review the indicators and prepare related calculations, memos and supporting documentation
- Coordination of the Group and Legal Entity Audits for the UK upstream companies
- Budgeting & Outlook of Insurance
- Coordination and Compilation of periodic Full year Outlook analysis
- Preparation of Legal Entity Board packs for the upstream Companies
- Overall Coordination and Stewardship of all Balance Sheet accounts
- Prepare account reconciliations and analysis assigned to the role to ensure accuracy
- Proactively work with other Finance team members to ensure actions are documented and closed
- Prepare and coordinate the Budget process for items not managed by other teams
- Consolidated Divisional Budget Reporting and Validations
- Develop strong sense of team within the group, working closely with the other Accountants to present a coordinated approach and consistency of reporting
- Deliver presentations to drive improved business and stakeholder engagement
- Assist with any local or corporate process enhancement initiatives
- Ensure adherence to all relevant SOX controls
- Qualified Accountant - (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written)
- Strong System Skills preferably with experience of SAP/BI
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of preparing Financial Statements.
- Excel - experience of complex models and analysis.
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage a process and meet deadlines
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79153418