Data & Systems Manager
- Job Title: Data & Systems Manager
- Client: HMRC
- REF: 26085
- Hours: Daily 8.4 weekly 42
- Location: North West: Liverpool,Triad Bootle
- Contract Length: ASAP to 31/03/2018
- BPSS (DS) - Baseline Personnel Security Standard (with a Disclosure Scotland)
As a Data Quality Data Analyst, you will be expected to:
• develop an in-depth knowledge of the Data Quality issues in hand;
• develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Data Quality Work Programme;
• understand how the business operates - supporting the design, build and maintenance of analytical solutions which reflect that complexity;
• support simultaneous projects and work with a wide range of stakeholders - these stakeholders will have different demands and priorities as such, flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements will be required;
• support root cause analysis by providing analytical data to drive assured Data Quality Improvement solutions;
• identify and support Data Quality Improvement metrics; and
• identify incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate and irrelevant data by using the following methods:
• writing queries using analytical language;
• looking for missing values;
• identifying values in the wrong format (e.g. too many or too few characters); and
• Identifying duplicate records.
Issues with data quality are frequently raised as obstacles to delivering a coherent view of customer data and causing cost pressures as we deal with quality failings. While the new data model and master data management systems will go a long way to addressing this, working across transformation programmes we will introduce a systematic programme of work to improve the quality of the data that is on the critical path for delivery. In particular, the quality programme will:
• Oversee work to ensure that data being migrated to the strategic platform (ETMP) is of robust quality.
• Lead a programme of work to improve the quality of data currently being used, particularly the employee data and bank and building society interest data.
• Introduce quality management metrics and standards to be monitored and addressed across HMRC.
When using Dataflux (SAS Data Management Studio), you will be expected to:
• configure the tool to profile data against HMRC data standards and data quality dimensions;
• design and run queries to provide reports on the data quality of data sets;
• create monthly dashboards to provide insight on data quality within HMRC;
• support the Scrum Team and Data Stewards using the tool; and
• report findings to the business, providing further explanation/support if needed.
Key Knowledge and Skills (Experience):
• Experience of working in a similar role
• Ability to communicate technical concepts in an in an easily understandable way to non-data experts
• Experience of effectively coordinating across multiple stakeholders in a data focused role
• Confidence to influence stakeholders
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79142664