Audit Senior/Audit Executive (Top20 Firm), Birmingham - £40,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly renowned Top20 Accountancy Firm in Birmingham who are seeking to strengthen their Auditing function and recruit Qualified ACA/ACCA Audit Seniors. Reporting to one of the Audit Managers, you will be responsible for:
• Preparing and reviewing work papers, along with drafts of financial statements
• Managing the Audit process for owner-managed clients (companies up to £40/50m) with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
• Leading audit fieldwork on client sites including liaising with other internal departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit programme.
• Producing management reports and drafting sections of the report to management
• Addressing and discussing with clients any technical and audit issues identified during the course of audits
• Delivering an expertise across primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
• Ensuring all audit engagements are in compliance with auditing standards and internal procedures
• Identifying areas requiring improvement in client business processes and providing recommendations
• Developing other junior audit assistants in the team by on the job training and helping with their work
To be considered for the role you should be a fully qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant, ideally with previous Audit experience in a small or medium sized accounting firm, used to auditing owner-managed businesses. You will have experience working in a team environment on multiple audit clients, building relationships with clients and internal management teams, and being able to prioritise and work to strict audit deadlines.
On offer is a salary to £40,000 depending on experience + excellent benefits including holidays, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the positions or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile