This Management Accountant will support the Finance Business Partner team with budget and forecast preparation. The post holder will provide key checks and reconciliations to ensure a robust forecast model. In taking ownership for Financial management accounting and control for Southeastern Infrastructure (including the Fixed Asset Register and Projects), you will provide insight and high quality analysis to improve delivery of key projects.
Southeastern has been running the train service between London, Kent and parts of East Sussex since 2006. In this opportunity, you can be part of a business operating one of the busiest rail networks in the country.
You can be part of an organisation who have...
- 640,000 passenger journeys on 2016 train services every weekday
- 1755 train services on Saturdays and 967 on Sundays
- 367 trains
- 165 stations managed and 180 stations served
- Over 4,000 employees
- 140mph top speed on the UK's first domestic high speed service
- To provide a first line support resource to the Finance Business Partner team.
- Identifying and implementing improvements, standardisation and streamlining processes across the team to improve workflows.
- Accountability for 2 Support costs centres (with the opportunity to take more on), with Executive level interaction and responsibility for period end reporting and forecasting in these areas.
- Provision of accurate, timely and relevant financial information to drive decision making, with a focus on value adding management information.
- Leading on Financial management accounting and control for Southeastern Infrastructure (including the Fixed Asset Register and Projects), including the capex subsidy deferral mechanism.
- Provision of insight driven, high quality analysis to improve delivery of key projects.
- Consolidation of Efficiency Plan reporting to support the Deputy Finance Director with weekly update reporting to the Executive Board.
The Successful Candidate:
- Financial background or newly qualified in a recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA), or equivalent. We will also accept applicants who are finalists.
- Some experience in a commercial environment including some time spent in an analytical or commercial finance role.
- Commercially astute with demonstrable understanding of financial aspects of a business.
- Experience of period end reporting, budgeting and forecasting at a budget centre level (desirable).
- Proactive and determined to recognise the opportunity to progress within the business and take on new responsibilities.
- A strong communicator who can work closely with a range of budget and stakeholders.
Southeastern aim to recruit people not just for jobs but for long term careers. They want good quality, talented people with the right attitude who wants to develop and lead fulfilling careers within the business.
For these reasons we are looking for a candidate with evidence of Southeastern values and behaviours along with the particular experience/knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to the position applied for.
- Doing what is right for our passengers
- Supporting colleagues to be, feel and to do the best for all
- Doing your bit for our communities and environment
- Moving with pace, being agile and learning from everything
- Being a team, recognising that Southeastern are stronger together than as individuals
£40,000 per annum + pension
Free travel on Southeastern & GTR.
75% discount for travel on all other train operators.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79042028