Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) - up to £32k - Days - Hatfield
Our exclusive client is a long established manufacturer and supplier of gearing systems within the Aerospace, Defence and Power Transmission industries. They are a specialist in their field, offering an all in-house service, supplying into companies across the world. They use modern manufacturing techniques and are continuously investing in the business.
They now have an urgent requirement for a Maintenance Engineer to join them. The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To diagnose and repair faults on a complete range of equipment
- To ensure that whenever possible all work is completed at first response ensuring that every effort is made to prevent further breakdowns.
- Continually review multiple fault equipment and ensure that any machine that displays persistent breakdowns is given the highest priority regarding repair.
- To ensure that you always have available the technical manuals/documentation relevant to the equipment that you are servicing/maintaining.
- To hold and maintain the required level of specialist components, fixtures, fittings or spare parts
- To attend various training courses to assist you to maintain the highest standard of workmanship.
- Be willing and able to work on your own initiative.
- Ensure that all relevant company documentation is fully completed and returned to the appropriate Line Manager as required on time.
- Ensure that you comply with all Company and Statutory regulations regarding Health and Safety.
- Plan scheduled maintenance and create relevant procedures
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate all or most of the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working as a maintenance engineer within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of CNC machinery, Lathes, Milling/Turning
- Higher national diploma (HND) or an advanced or higher apprenticeship in manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
This is a day shift opportunity with an early finish of 12pm on a Friday.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79049463