Engineering Operations Manager
Our client, who service a wide variety of industries globally including mining, construction and the Oil & Gas sector are looking to hire a strong Engineering Operations Manager for their site based in the East Coast of Scotland.
Globally regarded highly in terms of customer service and care. Servicing a variety of sectors around the globe including mining, construction and the Oil & Gas sector.
- Maintain a safe working environment and provide leadership on safety issues. Actively promote and apply SHES Charter, policies and procedures
- Lead Health and Safety as a primary focus in direct reports
- Manage all activities of Engineering Team and Plant Process Operator(s)
- Manage programs of planned, preventative maintenance, inspections and certifications for Plant and mobile equipment.
- Schedules cover both statutory and company requirements and range from the dismantling examination and reassembly of critical machines through statutory examination of tanks, pumps, pipework etc
- Responsible for the mechanical engineering standards which meet internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for quickly managing plant and equipment breakdowns and unplanned maintenance
- Manage engineering maintenance records; eg certification, inspections, training records for team
- Technical Engineering Degree or similar technical education
- Proven track record in Engineering and Maintenance management of large assets
- Proven track record in managing large teams on and off site
- Experience working within a heavy engineering environment is essential
- Strong leadership skills and ability to drive change
- Experience in preventative maintenance planning
- Background in construction or mining would be ideal but not essential
Excellent salary and benefits dependent on experience
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79039279