Robert Half are currently working with a large Retail Business in East Lancashire, who are looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Management Accountant into their finance team due to strong growth and exciting plans going into 2018.
In return, they are looking to pay a salary of up to £40,000 along with a solid benefits package and flexi-time.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a £100m+ turnover group, who have solid plans for growth throughout the next 12 months and beyond. They key responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare monthly/weekly/daily accounts & reports for different areas of the business. Information must be of an extremely high level to enable correct analysis. Information must be accurate and timely.
- Act as finance support to budget holders. Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts. Assist the budget holder in understanding accounting terminology and to understand business models.
- Reporting and reviewing actual performance against forecasts at both detailed & summary level
- Identify any financial risks and opportunities within areas of responsibility
- Undertake specific project work
- Identify areas where processes would be improved and work with other teams to implement relevant changes where appropriate
- Work closely with other members of finance wherever necessary to achieve accurate results. Suggest new working methods if required. Ensure consistency & best practice is maintained across the finance function.
- Be aware of all existing policies & processes that the rest of the business operates under (e.g. expenses policy)
- Any other duties within your capabilities, as required
- Relevant professional qualification to allow completion of responsibilities
- Awareness of topical issues relating to role (e.g. VAT rule changes)
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Accurate, organised and reliable working practices
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79031440