Senior Accountant - Real Estate - Client Services
Senior Accountant - Real Estate - Client Services - OUR CLIENT is a successful fund services provider with a solid client base and a growing international presence. As a result, they commence 2018 with the requirement for a Client Services Senior Accountant in order to continue to solidify their current growth strategy.
The ROLE: The Senior Accountant will oversee a small dedicated team in the servicing of a portfolio of dedicate real estate clients and the role will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring the team provides a quality service to all clients.
- Ensuring that second reviews are completed on files and where necessary first reviews.
- Being the first point of escalation for client queries and ensuring these are effectively managed through to resolution.
- Ensuring direct reports are managing work and resources in order to hit deadlines as per quarter end.
- Performing second review of KPIs to ensure they are developed, implemented and reported, quarterly in accordance with SLAs.
- Overseeing the audit process and tax reporting process.
- Ensuring Accountants are maintaining regular contact with clients through weekly phone calls and weekly emails detailing upcoming deliverables.
Management of Team:
- Managing 1-2 Accountants with an overall team size of 4-7 staff.
- Answering technical queries raised within the team to ensure they have a clear understanding of all technical aspects of their clients.
- Ensuring Accountants are training their staff in all technical and operational client areas.
- Reviewing work allocation for the team.
- Developing Accountants' ability to evaluate their team for areas of improvement and spare capacity.
- Identifying areas of departmental improvement and escalating to line manager suggesting appropriate courses of action.
- Team holiday approval (in consultation with Team Leader where applicable).
- Preparing monthly reports detailing progress of team for board report.
- Conducting all Return To Work interviews for direct reports on their first day back from illness.
- Conducting appraisals and agreeing Personal Development Plans and set objectives of direct reports in agreed timescales.
- Actively participating in the succession planning process with Team Leader or Associate Director.
- Understanding and using best practice on all systems used within the company.
- Ensuring team members are using systems appropriately to produce accounts.
- Developing Report Wizard and other systems to improve efficiency and reduce manual reporting.
- Reviewing operational processes for areas of improvement and inefficiency. Highlighting areas and suggesting remedial measures.
- Ensuring all checklists and procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensuring client checklists are appropriately tailored for client specific risks.
- Reporting any breach, complaint or error to Line Manager and Compliance officer promptly.
- Ensuring compliance reporting is up to date.
- Ensuring action points from Internal Audit and error reports are cleared.
THE PERSON: To apply, you MUST be a minimum of 2 years' post qualified or qualified through exceptionally relevant experience and possess strong knowledge of the Real Estate and Fund Administration sector / markets. The successful candidate will have experience in providing services to multiple clients and will be able to demonstrate experience of managing trainee accountants previously. Additionally, the incumbent should be able to illustrate strong organisational and communication / presentational skills.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79032981