Lead Credit Risk Analyst
As a senior member of the Credit Risk team, you will deliver analysis and predictive models to drive strategy and manage credit risk appetite, improve decision making and assist the development of new product offerings.
The successful applicant will have advanced Excel skills and a strong analytics background. Competitive salary dependent upon experience.
• Develop the team and the wider analytical community across Together.
• Provide thought leadership on Credit Risk and analytics to support and drive the development of new products and innovations.
• Deliver monthly reporting and insight for senior management to optimise strategy, policy and process changes.
• Lead the development of predictive models and analysis to identify key characteristics of outcomes.
• Explore new Data Science innovations; implement proof of concept and test to establish their benefits.
• Build models to estimate, forecast and stress test expected credit losses.
• Coordinate with other departments and various levels of management regarding data and reporting issues.
• Serve as subject matter expert regarding credit risk and analytics.
• Manage assigned projects in timely manner, ensuring accuracy and deliverables are met.
• Educated to degree level or higher in a relevant subject such as Mathematics, Data Science or Economics
• Strong data manipulation, predictive modelling and analysis skills using SQL/SAS/R (or similar)
• Experience of financial services, collections and underwriting
• Expert Microsoft Office user
• Ability to work at all levels across an organisation; effectively influencing multiple stakeholders
• Well developed problem-solving skills and ability to make recommendations based on findings considering commercial and customer implications
• Hold experience of managing others within a similar environment
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78955780