Brightwork are currently recruiting an Electrical Controls and Instrumentation Technician, who will provide hands on technical support and develop expertise on process automation. Working closely with the process departments, you will optimize plant performance and deliver a high level of reliability from the automation systems and instrumentation.
- Ensuring the permit to work system and any other safety systems are strictly adhered to.
- Management of Change, assess risks, carry out Risk Analysis and plan corrective actions as and when required.
- Coordinate all automation activities within the framework of the objectives set by the Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Manager and Process Department.
- Work closely with the Process Department to optimize control loops and functions to attain continuous performance improvement.
- Ensures that all analyzers and instrumentation are appropriately calibrated, maintained and repaired.
- Analyse problems and recommend solutions to maximize availability of control equipment.
- Update the control documentations (drawings, procedures and technical specifications) to ensure that they are as built.
- Serves as first-line support to Manufacturing and Engineering regarding the installation and servicing of Instrumentation and Control systems.
- Configures and programs changes or upgrades to the Control systems.
- Executes security, backup and recovery activities.
- Maintains configuration documents.
- Deputises for the Electrical Engineer and Provides Electrical Shift Cover for production operations as part of the Engineering Teams Holiday and absence planning.
It is essential that you demonstrate the following competencies through your behaviour & experience:
- Technical Knowledge
- Continuous Improvement Orientation
- Knowledge of SH&E and Regulatory requirements
- Problem solving
- Able to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting, priorities
- Trouble-shooting and problem-solving techniques
Education / Experience:
- Time served apprenticeship with HNC or equivalent experience
- Diploma, degree level in Electrical, Instrument or allied subject an advantage
- Interpretation of electrical schematic diagram
- Experience in Automation & centralized control systems, DCS, SCADA, PLCs.
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance methods, tools and systems
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable and growing business. If interested please send your most recent CV and salary expectations to the address provided.
Brightwork Ltd provide the services of an employment agency for those seeking permanent work and an employment business for those seeking temporary work.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79138023