Interim Financial Reporting Accountant
Sellick Partnership are currently seeking a Qualified Financial Reporting Accountant to join a growing financial services brand based in the North West. The organisation that we're representing are currently going through a period of expansion and require a seasoned interim who's able to assist during a planned re-structure. The business require a technically strong financial accountant to bolster its already well established technical reporting team. The organisation are highly profitable, part of a wider group and have highly developed systems and controls that can assist the interim during the demanding reporting schedule.
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller the interim Financial Reporting Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the year end reporting across a number of specific business units. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of financial accounting, reporting and projects and will ideally improve the existing processes.
Key responsibilities include;
- Take ownership for all aspects of financial accounting including all year / half year / month end reporting activities
- Ensure that all technical checks and reviews are completed across the reporting process
- Co-Ordinate and take ownership for the production of the investor pack
- Production of the periodic IFRS balance sheet and associated balance sheet reporting requirements
- Prepare key financial information and MI for the executive team
- Production of ledger reconciliations and cash flow forecasting
- Identify, implement and document all process improvements across the finance division
- Production of analytical reports to the group senior management team
- Improve internal controls and monthly reporting techniques across the finance team
- Provide assistance and solve queries relating to the upcoming audit
The successful applicant must be a CCAB qualified accountant and will ideally have experience of working on an interim basis within a financial services organisation. The candidate will have previous experience of completing a year / half year end close down and will be able to demonstrate extensive experience of statutory reporting. The successful interim will have the ability to work to tight reporting deadlines and will have proven experience of liaising with auditors. The candidate will be able to demonstrate strong technical reporting skills and a good working knowledge of IFRS as they'll have dealings across both BAU and various projects streams. The ability to implement / improve controls and work directly with a mix of stakeholders across a number of business units is key to the successful post holder.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78978082