Management Accountant - Fixed Term 9 Months
Interserve are recruiting for a Management Accountant for our Central Government contract to provide financial management and reporting to support operational team, business unit management and other Interserve parties in relation to the Division. The role is initailly based in West Bromwich and will move to our new offices in 2018 near Birmingham International train station.
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days holidays, Pension as well as retail discounted offers.
- Support financial reporting responsibility for the contracts within the division.
- Completion, analysis and presentation of annual budget and forecasting packs
- Completion of consistent month end requirements within prescribed timetable
- Support presentation of monthly accounts and co-ordination of any actions required
- Maintaining the integrity of all financial information held
- Support finance team training, development and motivation
- Review additional reports to aid the business in reviewing financial performance
- Documentation and development of current business processes
- Manage aged debt reporting
- Provide financial support to Operating teams
- Review WIP, accruals and prepayments
- Ensure all financial guidelines, controls and processes are adhered to across the entire operation and that steps are taken to address and highlight malpractice
- Ensure Company purchasing policy and procedures as adhered to
- Ensure operation staff and site administration maintain financial records and ensure that financial reporting to Customers is accurate and in line with contractual requirements
- Focal point for internal and external audit processes
- Tender Proposals – support business development process with the provision of financial information
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
What we are looking for
- Proven track record of working within a Financial management environment
- Experience of multi-site business units
- Computer literate. Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word and Office
- GCSE/CSE/O Level Standard in English and Mathematics.
- Finalist/qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / ACMA)
- A high degree of financial, commercial and customer awareness
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a highly pressurised and dynamic environment
- Ability to think ahead, identify new opportunities and create new and innovative approaches to work related issues
Additional Job Board Text
Interserve’s vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78598461