Deployment Project Manager - O365, Win10
If you're a Senior Project Manager looking for a high level of autonomy and end-to-end responsibility for the delivery of complex, varied and high-value IT projects, Computacenter is the place to be. We'll give you broad experience, opportunities to pursue your interests and room to advance your career.
Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services with revenues in 2016 of £3.25 billion and circa, 14,000 employees, listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
In our Project and Programme Practice, we continue to expand our pipeline and record of business wins because we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers throughout a project. The Practice now comprises of over 600 qualified professionals who deliver these services through in excess of 150 projects each year, making Computacenter Projects and Programmes Practice one of the largest project management presences in our marketplace.
We deliver a range of infrastructure projects typically including contractual service transitions, transformations, data centre relocations, rollouts, WAN and IP projects, VDI/Virtualisation and a range of Cloud related engagements; you'll work across this project range, getting to know many different customers.
Competitive Salary + Car or Car Allowance + Attractive Benefits Package
* As a Senior Project Manager you will deliver and lead our larger projects.
* This will mean taking charge of internal and supplier resource and team management, estimating, planning, commercials, governance and risk management.
* You will also typically be involved in presales activity including bid production, client presentations and negotiations both in a new client and existing service context.
* Project Managers at this level will typically undertake projects in excess of £2m or of a complex nature.
* You'll be part of a close-knit Projects and Programme team, you'll enjoy an environment where people support and respect each other.
* We'll empower you to find and deliver the solutions that put customer needs first, trust your judgement to make the big decisions and give you the space to get things done.
* Actively involved in presales.
* Responsible for estimating and pricing of the project element of bids in order to effectively scope the project requirements.
* Run Project Definition Workshop to define requirements and accurately scope project outcomes.
* Responsible for managing multiple projects to ensure projects are delivered within timeframes and budgets.
* Coordinate and plan resource requirements to ensure project outcome deadlines are adhered to.
* Lead, coach and mentor less experienced team members to aid their development and increase capability.
* Achieves profitability and customer satisfaction on projects through astute commercial management
* Develop, build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally in order to achieve project objectives.
* Produce management reports through relevant tools to provide up to date information on project progress.
* Produce required project documentation to enable successful project outcomes.
* Compliance with Projects Practice lifecycle to ensure best practice.
* Act in accordance with Computacenter Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual Security events or other Security risks to the organisation.
* We're looking for someone that can be flexible to work at customer sites across the UK when required.
* Who is literate (able to write credible documents), numerate (confident with calculating costs) and the ability to manage your own and others' workload.
* These skills should be backed up with a track record of planning and the management of progress, resources and cost on large IT complex infrastructure transition or transformation projects.
* This will be combined with knowledge of project definition, project initiation, change management, commercial management, risk management, and the principles and practicalities of running projects.
* You will have the proven ability to run key client-facing workshops (such as PDWs) and meetings with stakeholders at all levels.
* You will need the ability to communicate with and manage expectations of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
* You will also have experience of bids and contributing to proposals and / or the production of Statements of Work.
* Your experience should be backed up with evidence of working in a structured manner and complying with defined standards and processes using a range of approaches including waterfall and Agile.
* You will have a Prince2 Practitioner qualification and ISEB or APM qualified and, preferably, a Prince2Agile or Scrum qualification.
* You will need a current driving licence and able and willing to travel.
Ideally you will have experience of managing large infrastructure projects, in customer facing environments and strong financial management within the fixed price and T+M arena. And have experience of either O365 or Win 10 also interested in seeing candidates who have Windows Evergreen experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79151171