Ecommerce Product Trader
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Product Trader to join our growing commercial team at Buy It Direct. You will need to be an astute and analytical thinker with a strong commercial background, with the ability to influence. Ideally you will have experience of working within a fast paced retail / FMCG environment. You will trade your product category using our different channels and merchandising tools such as product copy, videos, pictures and position to maximise sales and increase conversion.
We have a number ofwell-recognised online brands which is what makes us the success that we are. These include Laptops Direct, Appliances Direct, AirCon Direct and Furniture123, and to top that off we also run website solutions for Debenhams and Tesco. We continue to grow year on year, so now’s the time to join in
Your key focus will be:
- Promoting product ranges based on daily profit analysis, to maximise the digital revenue, margin and address under performance
- Define and implement new ways to grow revenue and profit while enhancing customer experience
- Competitor monitoring focused around product price, selling methods and routes to market whilst developing and introducing creative ways to promote our products
- Optimise product categories including search results, product sort order, promotional banners, product recommendations, bundles, seasonal and off line activities
- Review the product ranges and analyse the customer product experience, understand new products and trends run GAP analysing
- Identify range opportunities and influence category manager to deliver product selection that meets customer needs
- Utilising 3rd party ecommerce tools such as Google Analytics and search trends, Terapeak and GfK to gain further market insight and improve product conversion.
- Research and suggest product pricing and implement price rules across our own sites and via marketplace channels.
What else will you have to do? You’ll be carrying out regular reviews of all aged stock to maximise sales, to ensure sell out and maximum profit is received. It’s key to analyse what customers are doing and make sure that the right products are displayed in the right place in order to get maximum conversion and reduce the number of customers leaving the website, as well as be able to transfer the tech features of a product in to benefits. It doesn’t stop there, we want you to improve the customer journey, by monitoring the journey on all channels, reviewing activity and traffic, and utilising all space on the website to its upmost. You will need to work cross functionally with the commercial, traffic, design and marketing teams, and finally interface with the customer to understand returns and improve the customer retention.
So what’s really important to us? We’re really keen to hear from you if you’ve got experience working as an ecommerce trader or are interested in the digital marketing experience, having studied it previously. It’s also key that you’re an analytical thinker that can then use your creativity to suggest changes and improvements based on return on investment. As you’d expect it’s so important to us that you understand what’s important about a product to make sure you focus on the right benefits, and put the right spin on it for our customers. You must have a strong commercial background alongside market place trading experience. We need you to have online sales experience and therefore have a commercial mind-set in order to maximise profit, as well as being entrepreneurial in your approach.
About us: Buy It Direct is a dynamic, creative and innovative company, investing heavily in eCommerce. We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing and largest independent online retailers, already recording significant growth with turnover up 44% in 2016 to £180 million. We are proud to be making significant investment in our people and systems. Our aim is to become one of the UK’s most profitable independent on-line retailers of electrical and flat packed furniture.
So what else do you get if you come work with us? The list is endless but here’s to mention just a few:
- Salary up to £30,000 dependant on experience
- A healthcare cash plan is in place to give you money back on all the basic such as opticians, dentist, physio, health screening, and so much more!
- At all our sites we have free parking, which means you have no additional costs or city centre parking concerns.
- We make sure you’ve got your holidays with an incremental entitlement starting at 20 and increasing to 25 the longer than you’re here.
- No-one likes to work on their birthday, so after one years’ service we also make sure you get this day off too so you can go out and celebrate!
- Take advantage of our amazing range of products by utilising our staff cost discount scheme.
- We have childcare vouchers available as well as a company pension scheme, all benefits to help ease your responsibilities.
Want something different or extra, no problem, just let us know! We want to make sure we build flexibility within your employment and therefore are happy to look at your overall package and can adapt and change it to meet your requirements and needs.
Does this sound like the right role for you? Well then get in touch and let us know, and we can arrange to see you to discuss it all in more detail. We’ve got lots more we can tell you so we look forward to hearing from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78803664