Maintenance Engineer £competitive + call out payments+ overtime dep on exp
This role will report directly to the Facilities Manager. Days role Mon-Frid.
The primary objective of the role is to work as part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team and maximise operational efficiency of the facility and equipment through planned preventative maintenance and undertake corrective actions where applicable.ONC/HNC in related discipline or have a relevant apprenticeship Therefore the Maintenance Engineer will assume responsibility for the mechanical and electrical integrity of equipment by carrying out the following:-PLC's experience. Days role Mon-Frid
• Carries out pre-shift checks and start up procedure daily.
• Undertakes preventative maintenance– Mechanical, Electrical and Chemical, organising & scheduling accordingly.
• Responding to equipment faults as appropriate.
• Controlling Maintenance Tools and Equipment.
• Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs.
• Diagnosis of breakdown problems.
• Checks and validates chemicals for quality and consistency before use and connection to the foam plant.
• • Undertakes minor repairs and maintenance Mechanical, Electrical and Welding.
• Modification to Moulds in connection with engineering changes.
• Works with Engineering to develop and improve foam pads.
• Carries out basic electrical checks on plant breakdowns.
• Deliver a consistent and improving plant reliability programme via TQM and other methodology.
• Work and implement controls within the Plant that meet the environmental & Health and Safety requirements.
• Undertake the installation with new equipment and sub-contractors as required.
• Carry out routine maintenance on site to crane systems, compressed air supply, tools and fixtures.
• Monitor plant conditions and report defects to the Facilities Manager.
• Report all present performance matters routinely, including trends/fault data to the Facilities Manager.
• Maintain good standard of maintenance.
• Adhering to all Health & Safety , and Industry standards
• All safety checks on equipment in line with legislation and best practice
• This list is not exhaustive and at times you may be required to carry out duties not specified
38hr week - Mon - Thurs 6.30- 3.00pm
Fri - 6.00am - 12.00pm .
Travel to work from Cwmbran, Merthyr, Pontypool, Cwmbran, Ebbw Vale, Brecon
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78966394