Automation Engineering Specialist
Automation Engineering Specialist, Westbury
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
Work with Old & New Technologies
A challenging and varied role for 2 experienced Automation Engineers/Specialists to join the Engineering Team of circa 30 at our established Westbury site, which processes around 550 million litres of milk a year, to make 55,000 tonnes milk powders and 65,000 tonnes of butter and cream. These are critical roles for highly skilled technical professionals who will combine their knowledge of Automation and electrical engineering principles to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant manner. Initially working days Monday to Friday, but there could be the opportunity and longer term vision to moving to a Continental Shift Pattern (working 14 out of 28 days). With a focus on ensuring the reliability of equipment on the plant, you will need to display a thorough knowledge of automation/IT hardware and software and technologies.
The position has responsibility for providing the site with professional and technical support on Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Process Control Systems and Automation, to effectively support operational activities and continuously improve manufacturing performance. The role will have an integral part in the continuous improvement process through application of specialist knowledge of the processes and automation. The position holder will coach and develop site colleagues to ensure that technical expertise and automation knowledge is developed and maintained. Typical sample of duties include:
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation and IT related issues
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation and IT Continuous Improvement projects within budget and corporate guidelines
- Assist Project Teams with the specification and delivery of CAPEX Automation Projects
Make an Impact
Strong communication skills are required to express ideas effectively in both individual and group situations. In a high pressured, 24/7 environment you must be able to work under pressure and with organisational and problem solving skills a clear requirement. Requirements include:
- Significant experience in Automation and Electrical Control systems within a manufacturing environment, food experience preferable.
- In-depth experience of PLC systems, specifically Siemens S7-300 / 400 / 1200 & 1500 Series
- Strong knowledge and experience of Profibus (DP & PA) and Profinet Communication Protocol.
- First hand experience with Wonderware Intouch SCADA and Historian Systems
- Instrumentation proficiency including pressure, level, flow, temperature, ph and conductivity with 4-20mA transmission.
- Higher level electrical or automations qualifications (HNC or HND) or equivalent
- Continuous improvement experience and of working to Lean methodologies
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be deal with as soon as they are received as we have 2 roles to recruit. In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages internal promotion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79043686