Optical Engineers - to Principal level
Optical Engineers - Hampshire
We are seeking a number of Senior Optical Engineers to be responsible for contributing to the research and development of a new generation of high power (up to the kiloWatt level) fibre laser systems.
You will take ownership of new laser product development activities from concept to transfer to production, while interfacing with other optical, mechanical and electronics engineers as well as customers to define and agree on requirements and come up with designs and solutions to problems.
Qualifications - Experience - Skills
- PhD level degree or equivalent experience in a research environment in physics or natural sciences
- High level of hands-on experience with free space laser optics and fibre optics and methodical working practices
- Specialist knowledge of the physics of fibre and/or bulk laser technology
- General understanding of optical, electronic and mechanical requirements for industrial reliability
- Excellent data analysis and problem solving skills
- High level of attention to detail and commitment to quality and reliability
- Excellent team player
- Experience in product development in the field of optics and lasers
- Confident in people management
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79030562