Assistant Manager - Liquidity Reporting
This Assistant Manager - Liquidity Reporting role is part of the Liquidity Reporting unit, which resides within the Finance Department, reporting to the Chief Finance Officer. UK Finance delivers financial and regulatory accounts for external reporting and management accounts, forecasts, plans and scenarios for the Senior Management Team, Board & Stakeholders.
My client is a major retail bank. This role is based in the City of London.
The key responsibilities for the Assistant Manager - Liquidity Reporting are:
- Responsible for the review, oversight and delivery of all Liquidity Regulatory Reports to the relevant regulatory authority on a daily, weekly and monthly basis within prescribed timelines.
- Responsible for managing the team's reporting and analytical outputs that identify and report on liquidity risk triggers on a daily, weekly and monthly basis ensuring escalation to Senior Management, UK Board and Regulators as appropriate.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of regulatory changes that impact future liquidity requirements.
- Responsible for the interpretation and implementation of new liquidity reporting requirements and advise management appropriately on how to meet future challenges and requirements.
- Partner and support the centralised Group Finance unit to plan and develop future reporting requirements, ensuring a collaborative approach and timely delivery. This will require interpretation and documentation of requirements and testing of reporting solutions.
- Ensure a collaborative, efficient and productive relationship exists with the centralised Group Finance units. Build key relationships with the members of these units with a view to ensuring accurate and efficient first line production of liquidity reporting outputs.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of both internal and external liquidity reporting through maintaining an appropriate control environment, ensuring liquidity returns are completed and reported accurately, on a timely basis within agreed service levels and in accordance with relevant stakeholders timelines. Ensure appropriate documentation, service agreements and monitoring is in place at all times.
- In conjunction with the ALM unit and centralised Group Finance unit, input to the development of appropriate behavioural adjustments to be applied to liquidity stressed assumptions.
- Assist and participate in ALM projects and process initiatives alongside other subject matter experts (e.g. Secured Funding transactions with BOE, Securitisation, etc.) as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in a Financial/Numerical/Treasury discipline or equivalent Professional Qualification. An Accounting Qualification would be desirable but not a prerequisite.
- Proven ability and experience in the review and submission of the regulatory/liquidity returns to the Regulator.
- Prior ALM and Liquidity experience including good working knowledge of UK and European Liquidity COREP requirements (FSA047/048, LCR, NSFR, AE and ALMMs, etc).
- Proven ability of reviewing and assessing impacts of new reporting requirements and ensuring that reporting systems are continually updated in line with the changing regulatory environment.
- Ability to analyse data/information and make recommendations.
- Good Excel skills. Knowledge of SQL and ability to write and execute queries would be beneficial but not a prerequisite.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract with the potential to become permanent.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79118259