Key Stage 1 Teacher
An exciting opportunity has arisen in a brilliant Primary School in Leeds, to join them on an on-going basis as their leading Key Stage 1 Teacher to start as soon as possible. The successful applicant will become part of a very supportive and encouraging team who are passionate about developing their staff where possible, and ensuring new teaching ideas and techniques are implemented when proven to better the learning of pupils.
The role will include the following key duties:
- Teach pupils in their assigned group according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students in school and elsewhere.
- Assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of all pupils and keep such records as are required by the schools systems.
- Ensure a high quality learning experience for pupils.
- Use a variety of methods appropriate to students learning styles and the varying demands of the curriculum.
- Provide a positive, conductive and safe learning environment, encouraging high standards in punctuality, presentation of work and relationships.
- Support the schools special needs policy on inclusion and to assist in the identification and teaching of children with special needs within the class.
- Set high expectations for pupils behaviour and maintain a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching, fostering positive relationships and implementing the schools behaviour policy.
- Be responsible for the co-operation of an area of the school curriculum, including ensuring a relevant and appropriate curriculum policy is produced and reviewed, according to the schools schedule, and is complimented by associated schemes of work.
- Advise and support other members of staff on the content and delivery of the curriculum area.
- To contribute to the formulation and evaluation of the schools assessment practice in relation to the area of the curriculum for which lead responsibility is held.
- Support and adhere to the schools quality assurance procedures.
- Communicate effectively with parents of pupils and with persons or bodies outside the school who are concerned with the welfare of students, after consultation with appropriate staff.
- Contribute to the personal, social, health, citizenship and enterprise to effective working relationships within the school.
- Actively engage in performance management.
- To contribute to the formulation and implementation of the School Improvement Plan and associated action plans, as appropriate.
- Play a full part in the life of the school community, and support its ethos.
- Follow and actively promote the schools policies.
- To comply with health and safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
- Actively pursue own personal and professional development.
The Successful Applicant:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Ambitious and looking to further develop career
- Experience teaching Key Stage 1 groups previously
- Organised and dedicated to pupil development
- Able to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- Keen to share ideas of different teaching techniques
If you wish to be considered for this role please apply now with an up to date CV. If you would like to be considered for work with Randstad but this role is not quite right for you, please view our live jobs at www.randstadeducation.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79122776