Academic and Centre Manager 12 Month FTC
Working at the Universities newest Learning Centre your primary role is to ensure the leadership and management of curriculum delivery, quality assurance and the effective and efficient deployment of physical and human resources. You will ensure the academic and operational direction for the Certified Higher Education (Cert HE) and other programmes of study, at all times ensuring the implementation and management of the Universities policies, regulations, and procedures.
Managing a team of up to 12 staff and a campus which has 3 intakes a year, each intake circa 300 students; you will be responsible for the teaching, assessment, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the programme, including offering academic leadership, support and guidance to academic staff. You will serve as the Accounting Officer and Educational Leader, and will need to provide an effective and supportive learning environment for a diverse group of students.
An in-depth understanding of the student learning experience at higher education level will be essential.
MY client is a nationally based University and Learning Centre offering a range of courses and qualifications to over 25000 students in various locations. The Birmingham Learning Centre is their newest campus and offer a number of Cert HE qualifications.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Assist the APVC (International) and Executive Dean and Head of University on all matters of policy, planning, management, decision-making, governance and administration arising in relation to the operations of the Learning Centre
- Offer leadership of the Cert HE and other programmes of study
- Direct the planning, design and development of module and programme content, ensuring they are appropriately benchmarked against external QAA standards, and comply with the quality assurance regulations of the institution
- Monitor, evaluate and review, within the established institutional regulatory framework, the programme curricula, teaching, assessment, learning objectives and materials
- Build a cohesive and effective programme team, offering academic leadership, support and guidance to lecturers and tutors delivering on the programmes of study
- Provide effective strategic direction to the Learning Centre by ensuring the preparation of short and longer term budgetary plans, policy planning and objective setting, and monitoring and evaluating these to ensure that they meet the needs of the Learning Centre and the University
- Look to enhance the effectiveness of admissions, recruitment and retention processes within the programme, by working effectively with Faculties, Marketing and Registry
- Ensure the programme(s) of study align with all the appropriate Faculty and University policies and procedures
- Ensure a high quality student experience across the programme(s) of study
- Take responsibility for health and safety policies and procedures and risk assessments
- Establish constructive, harmonious and effective working relationships with respective relevant bodies and organisations
- Be actively involved in developing and monitoring the marketing and recruitment strategy of the Birmingham Learning Centre, ensuring a speedy evaluation and implementation of worthwhile new initiatives and opportunities
- Lead the development of annual objectives, key tasks and targets to be included in Business Plans, and evaluate and appraise these
- Develop a culture of partnership by promoting and fostering external relations with government and other public agencies, other institutions of Further and Higher Education, schools, voluntary and community organisations, the media, the private sector and the public in general
- Experience working within Higher Education is essential, ideally as a Centre/Campus Academic Manager but other suitable job roles may be considered
- Experience in the management and organisation of curriculum, teaching and assessment
- Experience in the management and organisation of Home/EU student admissions and working with culturally diverse students and staff
- Experience in programme organisation and management at undergraduate and postgraduate level would be ideal
- Evidence of managing a budget and/or experience with financial control and management would be ideal
- Experience of effective liaison with various bodies and external agencies, such as other HE providers, schools liaison, and the media
- The ability to liaise effectively with members of the Senior Management team within the Birmingham Learning Centre and other campuses across the country
- Experience of marketing academic courses, media communications and publicity, and liaising with agents
- Highly organised with excellent management/leadership skills
- IT literate possessing knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- An honours degree in a business related discipline with a postgraduate qualification would be desirable
- Membership of a business related professional body would be desirable
- Flexible to travel to other campuses if and when required (this would be quite minimal)
***CLOSING DATE 2ND JANUARY WITH INTERVIEWS LIKELY TO BE MID JANUARY***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Full Time (37 hours) Monday - Friday / 12 month fixed term contract with view for a permanent contract
- £41,212 - £49,149 dependant on experience
- 35 days holiday
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On site car parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your CV and call Adam or Melissa on 0121 643 6954
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78514644