Sous Chef - Fresh, local, seasonal produce
An experienced Sous Chef is sought by this by this popular country pub with a restaurant and boutique bedrooms. Located south of Bristol the restaurant delivers a core menu with daily specials, there is also a function room for parties and weddings and they serve a cracking Sunday Roast. All food is freshly prepared with using fresh, ingredients. Working closely with and deputising for the Head Chef you will be part of this tight, committed kitchen team.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience as a sous chef gained in a similar environment
• The ability to train, develop and motivate the team
• Be passionate about produce, preparing and serving food which delights the eye and the taste buds
• A commitment to health, safety and food hygiene standards
• Experience of stock management, ordering and stock control
• Be a strong, inspirational leader with excellent communication skills
• Experience of volume whilst maintaining exceptional quality
A small and growing independent pub and restaurant group offering career development opportunities, positive food philosophy, close and respectful relationships with suppliers. Socially and environmentally responsible. Passionate about food, service, staff training and development.
Salary up to £24,500 + tips + bonus
Due to the high number of applications we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience meet our client’s specification. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.