TS Assistant Manager (Data Analytics / Tableau)
My client is a leading consultancy firm based in Leeds and Manchester. They are now looking to add to their Transaction Services team in the form of an Assistant Manager and a Manager with a strong background in Data Analytics.
As part of a growing Data Analytics Transaction Services team you would be working on high profile assignments with accomplished colleagues. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide array of projects, with a combination of both corporate and private equity transactions, all in an environment of high commercial value with clients being at the focal point.
Your involvement in the Data Analytics Transaction Services team will be to provide the clients with transparent guidance on important deal issues and convey these insights in a clear, visual and interactive way. This would characteristically involve the investigation of the target from several different perspectives to safeguard significant value items, risks and other matters have been recognised and considered by our client, aiding them in making a knowledgeable decision regarding the transaction. The team successfully attain this by embedding technology and innovation to a transaction. The incorporation of tools, automation,standardization, visualization and design to provide a new and visually-driven client experience, due diligence is streamlined and concentrated.
Data Analytics aids the drive of more efficient engagements by using digital and web-based reporting, acquiring codified knowledge for future bench marking, and gives rise to a varied and more dynamic career for practitioners.
- Design, build and test SQL Server databases to store, manipulate and present financial analyses
- Speedily develop an understanding of a client’s business and its drivers
- Manipulate large data sets to provide compelling, value add outputs
- Develop static & interactive data visualisations to communicate business insights to clients, with emphasis on financial analysis (such as historical trading, quality of earnings, working capital, cash flow, etc.)
- Collaborate extensively with the company’s engagement teams and clients, to aid project teams with financial analysis and data presentation
- Clearly and concisely communicate requirements, timelines and insights to both internal company team members, as well as clients
- Have a wide perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to conquer them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL /TSQL, specifically developing and troubleshooting SQL Server code to compose data analytics and automation
- Sufficient knowledge of Tableau. Knowledge of Qlikview and other BI tools an asset, but not key
- Capacity to ETL client data to facilitate analysis / visualization
- Capacity to manage, analyse and present findings from large volumes of data
- Previous relevant work experience, with a focus on data analytics and automation
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Accounting and finance background preferred