We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Technician, to join our client's Engineering team and will report to the Support Group Engineer. This is a temporary position for a year in the first instance, based in Milton Keynes.
The C&I Technician will perform controls, instrument and electrical maintenance and project work within all the business units at the Milton Keynes site. The C&I Technician will be capable of working at a higher technical level than that of an electrical craftsman. In the absence of the Support Group Engineer, the C&I Technician will be capable of performing in a Supervisory capacity.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- The C&I Technician will be expected to plan, organise and control works assigned to him/ her by a supervisor or senior engineer. This will involve communication with relevant staff and supervisors at all stages
- Working within a production orientated environment to 'Good Manufacturing Practice for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers' (GMP)
- Maintaining the balance of completing maintenance and repairs with the minimum disruption whilst working safely to current legislation and guidance
- Ensuring communication and engagement with internal customers and key stakeholders
- Fault finding and repairing/ replacing/ configuring control systems, components and instrumentation
- Supporting Validation activates related to process control systems
The requirements for this role are below.
- GCSE English Language and Maths or equivalent
- British Technical Education Council - Ordinary National Certificate*
- City & Guilds Level 3 in an electrically biased discipline
- Indentured (or equivalent) craft apprenticeship in an electrically biased discipline
- JIB approved electrician preferred
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the Institute of Electrical Engineers current regulations for electrical installations
- Knowledge of MS Office and Windows
- Previous experience and good knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential
* The post will normally require an HNC. The post will only be awarded to an exceptional candidate with suitable experience and an ONC.
To apply for this role, simply apply to this advert, or alternatively you can send your CV to the email below.
All applications are subject to S3 Science's stringent security vetting checks. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
S3 Science is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78972041