Our client is a friendly firm of bookkeepers who work with small business owners to help them manage their finances. They have grown significantly over the last six years, and are now looking to expand their team by taking on a bookkeeper. Bookkeeping experience, particularly Xero and VAT returns, would be useful, but not essential – we’ll train you up and get you qualified with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers.
You will be based out of their office in Derby, but once qualified you will spend some time working in clients’ offices, which are all local. There will also be scope for you to work from home if suitable. Because they are a small team, you’ll need to pitch in with whatever needs doing around the office, from welcoming clients to sorting out the proverbial shoeboxes of receipts.
Key responsibilities once qualified:
• Processing clients’ paperwork, primarily using cloud-based software
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Processing VAT returns
• Helping clients to understand their finances
• Developing systems to streamline and improve the way they work
• Scope to be trained in payroll, tax returns and pensions administration may also be possible
Key skills, experience and attributes:
• A friendly, approachable disposition
• Excellent communication and numeracy
• Great problem-solving abilities
• Attention to detail
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Familiarity with MS Office desirable
Office hours are 8.30 to 5, Monday to Friday; part-time hours may be possible for the right candidate. Starting salary is £15,000 if you have no experience, rising to £18,000 when qualified and able to work unsupervised. If qualified, and fully up to speed the salary will be £18,000. You will be working in a small, friendly, hardworking environment as part of a team that pulls out all the stops to ensure they provide the best bookkeeping service possible.
If you have an interest in bookkeeping, or have experience then please apply today to be considered for this role.
Keywords: Bookkeeping, Accounts, Xero, Sage,
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78671861