RESPONSIBLE TO: Process Engineering Team Lead
Provide process engineering capability to the Operations businesses in order to effectively deliver quality, cost, on-time performance and all planned process improvement activities for all coating manufacturing and ancillary processes.
Improve the performance and reduce costs associated with coating manufacturing processes.
Professionally accountable to the Head of Technology.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train and support the process technicians to ensure that all work instructions are up to date, clear, technically correct and trained out to all operators.
- Work with Quality team to ensure that compliance checks and audits take place and ensure that NCRs are closed out to the agreed planned timescale.
- Ownership of coating process-based PIRs, and closure to planned timescales.
- Management of change control through FPAs in accordance with customer process.
- Provide appropriate engineering input to support business objectives as defined through the Business Plan Deployment (BPD). Process Engineer's involvement in BPD activities are to primarily drive process control activities which shall ultimately allow the implementation of product verification and positively impact the Yield, RFT and concession requirements.
- Maintain weekly Yield/RFT charts by process and attend weekly performance board reviews to present the data. Use these charts to inform and drive integrated improvements with the production leaders and product owners, with the expectation that top Pareto items for Yield/RFT by process are being worked or you are able to articulate improvements elsewhere (RR) that will improve them.
- Adequately prepare for weekly yield reviews and where required support BPD project teams, reporting on process based improvement activities to the customer.
- Support Cell production leaders with scrap reviews as part of the cell teams.
- Manage risk reduction on coating manufacturing processes through the use of active pFMEAs. Create and maintain control plans/reaction plans ensuring a clear link between process risks and control plans.
- Provide appropriate process engineering input to NPI and CA projects. Including complying with new requirements for SABre Section C - PPAP; this includes responsibility for at operation measurement capability (Gauge R&R) and robustly carrying out process substantiation for FAIRs.
- Ensure tooling control is in place within your designated coating process and ancillary process areas. Drive tooling improvements and ensure these are fed back into new products.
- Comply with HS&E policies, take personal responsibility for you own safety at work and ensure any HS&E actions you are assigned are closed in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS / KEY EXPERIENCE
- Professionally qualified Engineer (UK minimum degree or other national equivalent)
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to their business
- General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, CAPP, Manufacturing Execution System, Manufacturing Intelligence, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business
- Has participated in projects/activities across a range of Manufacturing Engineering processes
- Understanding of gas turbine and associated application of turbine component coatings.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79027910