The role of Financial Controller with this business will be varied, it will include the end-to-end accounting responsibilities and managing the finance function. This role will also be responsible for system and process improvement and implementing the growth strategy.
Based in West London, this FMCG company, which sits within the beauty sector was established 10 years ago and is still owned and run by the founders. In recent years they have seen a huge amount of growth and require a Financial Controller who has experience of taking a business through a period of accelerated growth.
The main responsibilities of the Financial Controller will be, but not limited to -
- Lead and motivate the finance assistant.
- Identify experience and knowledge gaps in the finance assistant role. Providing training or suggesting external courses where required.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for shareholders
- Work alongside company accountancy firm on end-of-year accounts
- Oversee VAT returns, monthly payroll etc
- Develop cash flow forecasts
- Develop budgets and financial plans
- Work with Marketing, Ecommerce and Sales heads of departments to produce sales reports / analysis
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and margin improvements
- Identify general improvements to finance system
- Responsibility for Accounts Payable, Credit Control and Cash management and reporting, including foreign exchange
- Cost control - refine processes and accountability within the business
- Ensure integrity of Balance Sheet controls including Fixed Assets and Stock
- Financial Compliance/Statutory returns
- Payroll and related costs
- Management reporting within the business and to external stakeholders
The successful candidate will have worked for an SME and assisted with the growth of the company.
- Experience working in a retail and/or manufacturing business is important
- Strong IT skills - The Financial Controller will be expected to implement new systems
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance or a related field
- Minimum 6 years' experience in a business or finance environment
- Must be commercially aware and able to look at the big picture as well as get down to the detail
- Must be hands on
The role of Financial Controller will come with a competitive package, pension, share options plus other benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79143333