Academic lead (Birmingham)
Academic Manager (Birmingham)
Based at Birmingham campus
You will be responsible for the academic management and development of the programmes delivered at the Birmingham Campus. We are looking for an individual who can display strong aptitude for people management to lead our team of lecturers, alongside having a rigorous approach to quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Duties include, but are not limited to: Liaison with Programme Managers to ensure continuity of student experience at the Birmingham campus. Chairing Student consultations, attendance and misconduct meeting. Recruitment of suitably qualified academic lecturers across a range of disciplines. Assist Associate Dean (and deputise) with all academic management activities and problem solving.
- The role also requires a regular teaching commitment.
- Future Progression opportunities will present in our expanding multi-campus environment.
- Business and computing candidates are both welcome to apply.
Programme management experience desirable or having a the potential skills would also be welcome
You must have people management and leadership skills
Relevant postgraduate qualifications or equivalent - essential
HEA membership – preferred
Suitable lecturing experience and in the HE sector
QA Higher Education (QAHE) works in partnership with three different UK Universities offering a range of fully accredited UK higher education programmes from foundation level through to postgraduate degrees across modern, professional campuses in London, Birmingham and Manchester
Your remuneration package will be competitive and match your skills and seniority.
- Closing date for Applications Friday 2nd February 2018
- Selected interviews to take place W/C 12th February 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79040169