Salary : £18k to £22k per annum plus bonus & benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the Financial Services industry.
As part of the Loan Underwriter role you will underwrite loans to applicants by ensuring that a detailed fact finding exercise is carried out with each applicant and a decision granted taking into account all information obtained.
- Taking inbound calls and making outbound calls
- Customer service (helping customers who are having difficulties on the website or general queries).
- Completing full applications with applicants and questioning applicants around the loan purpose and their current financial situation
- Advising applicants on loan re-payments
- Conduct a thorough income and expenditure to ensure clients can afford to meet the proposed loan repayments
- Conduct a credit search on the client to ensure they meet criteria, study the search and discuss it with the applicant
- Validate Clients bank details - Obtain and check proof of income and any other documents required to satisfy the company's Lending Policy
- Make a formed lending decision based on the information gathered. - Collect any additional information off the applicant or their employer (if required)
- Contact employer to conduct employment checks
- Act in accordance with FCA guidelines at all times
The ideal candidate would have:
- Previous experience within Financial Services, particularly within an FCA regulated environment
- Knowledge of lending and of the Consumer Credit Act
- Good computer literacy - Good mathematical skills
- An excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Have an excellent telephone manner
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79102972