Sales Ledger Clerk
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Sales Ledger Clerk
Full Time- 37.5
Salary- £16,000 -£19,000
Serco ASP (Anglia Support Partnership) delivers a comprehensive range of shared services including procurement, payroll and pensions, ICT services, estates and property management, finance and accounting, occupational health, recruitment services, catering, risk management and primary care support services to NHS partners and customers across the East of England and the UK. Our vision is to be the preferred supplier of shared services to the NHS and other public health sector groups.
We are now looking for a Sales Ledger Clerk to be responsible for the professional, timely and accurate sales ledger processing.
Duties will include:
- On receipt of debtor requests, check to ensure all relevant information is provided as prescribed in the Financial Procedures.
- Carry out checks on the Sales Ledger (SL) to identify existing customers and where necessary set up new accounts.
- Process the information provided on the debtor request within the SL to produce an invoice/credit note.
- Upon notification of a receipt of payment in settlement of an invoice(s) ensure the correct allocation of all payments to the SL.
- Investigate unspecified income by contacting the remitter and apply to the correct debtors account.
- Where applicable instigate refund of duplicate payments.
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent including English and Mathematics Minimum Grade C
- Applicants must be computer literate and familiar with standard MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
- Previous Sales Ledger experience would be advantageous
- Data input experience is essential
- Good attention to detail
If you feel that you have the requisite skills and experience, please apply now.On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79009956