Our client is part of a multinational company with operations and offices all over the world. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking a Control Engineer to lead systems development and maintenance activities at the plant, ensuring the highest possible automation performance.
· Improving reliability activities within the factory
· Ensure any electrical / systems corrective action are handled in accordance with the relevant procedures.
· To support the Plant in reducing costs through increased production, reduced downtime, reduced scrap/waste, effective use of resources (labour, energy, raw materials) and effective forward planning for down days, projects.
· To assist the Plant with:
The training and development of electrical team to match current and future plant requirements.
Ensuring that critical spares & comprehensive plant documentation are obtained and maintained for control, electrical and instrumentation equipment.
Understand, modify and upgrade plant control & automation software (PLC, Instruments and SCADA)
Support in the planning & organising of maintenance operations, repairs, down days, projects etc.
Skills & Experience Required
- Trained and confident with PLCs (Siemens S7) and SCADA
- AC motor variable frequency drives, servo drives and level, flow, speed, temperature and position control loops / instrumentation
- CI experience and knowledge
- Project experience, from concept to production handover
- HNC or higher preferred, or time served with strong relevant experience
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79088866