Business Change Manager - Manchester circa 50k
As part of a wide ranging business transformation a leading retail business based in Greater Manchester are looking to hire a Business Change Manager to join their growing IT function.
On a day to day basis this position will involve delivering successful change across the business in a rapidly changing environment. This will require strong project management, business analysis, process design and change management with strong influencing skills and a desire to bring about real change. You will also need a deep understanding of information systems and how they play a pivotal role in business processes and management information.
This is not a Service Delivery role, rather a position focusing on the delivery of Information Systems Change with a strong focus on the impact on the business and resources within an expanding IT function.
ITIL Change Management is not required or relevant to this role.
This will require exceptional ability to understand and analyse the impact of business and process change as well as bridge the change between IT and the business.
This is a role in a fast moving environment and you shoudl be able to balance multiple requirements as we are looking for someone with the desire to drive change throughout the business.
Due to the senior nature of this position you may also be required to deputise for the Head of IS IT on occasion.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Gaining a thorough understanding of all operations to enable process design and improvement across the business
- Gaining a solid understanding of current technology architecture and any required replacements that will support the delivery of new IT strategy
- Providing detailed analysis in support of all business change
- Day to day management of the business change portfolio including project governance, stakeholder management, reporting and documentation
- Communicating all elements of change to users, customers and Directors
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in managing change programmes and projects
- Ability to identify internal and external customer needs and meet them
- Ability to communicate effectively in a non technical manner where required
- Strong stakeholder management skills, both internal and external
- Ideally holding a relevant qualifications such as Prince2, APM or similar
- Experience of team management including cross functional teams
- Budget management
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced change focused professional with the ability to deliver during an exciting time of business transformation. With a high level of autonomy and a real opportunity to work in an influential role within a dynamic and fast moving environment this is a role not to be missed.