Who are Wren Living?: The team behind Wren Living have been an industry leader in kitchen manufacturing for both the UK and US markets for 35 years, and has now become the UK's fastest growing designer, manufacturer and retailer of fully assembled kitchen cabinets. We already have 66 showrooms across the UK, and plan to continue our expansion with many more. Come and join our team and be a part of our success story!
Location: Barton Upon Humber
Reports to: Technical Development Manager
Reports in: Planner Team
Salary: Based on experience
Critical purpose of role:
You will work as a member of our agile development team whose primary responsibility is to build great new features as they are prioritised by the business.
- Developing and maintaining Wrens industry leading Kitchen Design tool
- Engage in architecture, planning, design and brainstorming sessions
- Researching new technology
- Take responsibility for code repositories
- Working with stakeholders and the rest of the development team to help to scope projects
- Mentoring junior and intermediate developers
- Working in a fast-paced agile/scrum environment to deliver projects to time and specification
- Work to minimise bugs as well as to assess, mitigate and advise of risks associated with code changes
- Understand and implement complex technical requirements
- Work to improve and future proof the application
- Write unit/integration tests to ensure code quality
Relevant qualifications & experience
- Thorough knowledge of React, NodeJS, HTML5, Less and Canvas
- Experience with both RDBMS and NoSQL solutions such as MySQL and Elastic Search.
- Experience using utilities and build tools including Webpack, Npm, ESLint and Karma.
- Experience with software design patterns such as Flux, AOP and modularity.
- Working knowledge of the agile/scrum software development process
- Keen desire to keep up-to date with technology
- Proven experience mentoring developers
- A strong understanding of vector maths and an ability to develop complex algorithms.
- Degree level education or equivalent in computer science or games development
- Experience working in a fast-paced retail environment
- Experience with Unity3D and or other 3D games development.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79118621