IT Learning Specialist
My client are looking for an enthusiastic IT Trainer. This role holder will report to the IT Usability and Learning Manager and with ongoing development, will be able to create and deliver customised, high quality IT training to support the business. The team delivers training to staff at all levels, across multiple locations, on existing systems as well as any new systems that are introduced to the business.
My client are a top 50 Law firm based in the city of London.
- To provide effective and professional induction training to new staff on standard and customised applications using a variety of delivery methods.
- To provide remote training using web or video conferencing tools for the purpose of raising skill levels and delivering short customised training sessions and programmes.
- Create and maintain user documentation to support courses delivered and/or to promote self-sufficiency, and support improvement and good practice.
- Author and maintain eLearning content to support colleagues across the firm.
- To assist in administrative tasks such as dealing with requests for support and training, scheduling, dealing with course bookings and requests, updating training attendance records and maintaining the LMS.
- Participate in regular floor walking and where appropriate provide at-desk application support, or remote screen sharing to help colleagues across all locations.
- To participate in all training aspects of project roll-outs relating to new software and hardware.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of existing technologies in use and learn new systems or improvements to current software as required.
- Actively contribute ideas for initiatives and innovations using the latest technologies and improvement of documented processes in place.
- Proactively manage own time and assist others in the training team to balance workload.
- Be committed to developing their own personal and professional skills through a variety of methods such as training and networking etc.
- Analyse the quality and effectiveness of training that they provide and proactively improve and evolve so as to better meet the needs of the business.
- Provide assistance to the IT Service Desk in resolving queries logged to the training team.
- Undertake any ad hoc tasks as required
- Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office suite 2010, 2016 and 365
- Knowledge of time recording systems (Aderant Expert Time)
- Articulate Storyline, Camtasia or other eLearning authoring software
- Training certified
Qualities and skills:
The successful applicant will have/be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to work collaboratively within a team; a willingness to support IT objectives to enhance its reputation within the firm.
- A good knowledge of legal procedures and business awareness
- Demonstrate strong time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills with an ability to flex tone to suit audience
- Have good relationship building skills with the ability to deal with partners, associates and support staff at all levels.
- Ability to produce technology rich training and support materials in an innovative way.
- Exceptional customer service and client facing skills
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and adapt plans accordingly
- Be able to demonstrate good initiative and problem solving skills, but will ask for assistance and direction when unsure
- Attention to detail, strong administrative skills and flexibility
- Be a good team-worker, but also be strongly self-motivated
- Remain calm under pressure
- Customer focussed approach with the ability to take the initiative to resolve issues
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent team player
- Passion and enthusiasm to develop others
£43,000 - £50,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79016364