Electrocomponents is strengthening its in house legal team and is recruiting a Legal Counsel to support the business' growth plans and corporate strategy across all countries and regions.
Working as part of our small and dynamic legal team you will advise on a wide range of issues in a fast-paced multi-national environment. In particular, you will:
- Build strong relationships with senior management across the business to provide pragmatic solutions to legal issues;
- Support the delivery of the Group's innovation agenda, in particular across ecommerce and digital activities, enabling risk-taking through practical commercially-focussed advice;
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to enable the delivery of the Group's targets, balancing multiple local legal environments to ensure that the Group undertakes its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations (including data protection and competition law);
- Advise on material national and global Customer, Supplier and Distribution network contracts and support the business in negotiating these contracts to a conclusion;
- Support the business' brand protection and extension; and
- Support the business in executing and integrating corporate acquisitions on an ad hoc basis.
You will be a qualified solicitor in UK Law with reasonable post-qualification experience and have:
- A broad technical knowledge of corporate and commercial legal issues ideally gained whilst operating as an in-house lawyer;
- Strong experience of drafting and negotiating complex cross-border commercial agreements;
- Experience of multi-national legal requirements and managing cross-border transactions.
- Experience of data protection laws and their practical application in a digital business;
- Strong project management skills and the demonstrated ability to manage and prioritise your own workload (balancing short term reactive elements with medium/long term proactive personal and departmental objectives);
- Exceptional ability to respond flexibly to a fast-moving international business environment;
- The ability to analyse and recommend solutions to legal issues. This will involve balancing the need to minimise legal risk with the need to take commercial risks;
- Creativity to propose and implement new ways of working and process improvements. To focus wherever possible on improved customer service and cost reduction; and
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex legal concepts in plain, simple and easily understood language.
Although not essential, the following experience / skills would be very useful:
- Experience of managing a multi-national brand portfolio of trademarks;
- M&A transactional experience;
- Foreign language skills.
About us as an employer
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company.
In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) 207 842 2968.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79121806