Test / Development Technician
Test Technician to support the testing and development of products for a market leading Automotive business.
Your new company
An opportunity to join a market leading design and manufacturing Automotive business in the Cheshire area who are looking for a Development / Test Engineer. This role is to work alongside the Product Development and Testing team within the Engineering department.
Your new role
- You will work along side a small team of Engineers to plan and implement suitable product testing programmes to the highest efficiency.
- Run the test programs using manual and automated recording techniques.
- Get involved with the design / manufacture of test equipment and rigs including control circuitry and tootling.
- Prepare equipment for testing.
- Write basic software to control tests rigs - training will be provided
- Develop and document test programmes, and critically review existing test programmes
- Produce test reports including summary and analysis or data
- Participate in design reviews and FMEAs
- Support in the investigation of field failures and provide test data to help understand any problems, identify root cause and verify corrective actions.
- To conduct and implement risk assessments of all development work and to ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have a degree within Engineering, and preferably industrial experience in manufacturing.
If you are able to build bespoke test rigs from scratch or write PLC codes this would be favourable by the employer, as well as experience with Siemens PLC's ideally. However they are not essential requirements.
It is essential that you have experience with instrumentation, electronic and electrical measurement techniques, as well as an understanding of principals of measurement and testing.
Experience within a Mechanical Engineering environment would also be preferred.
It is also desirable that you have experience within either machine design, automation / robot systems, industrial controls or PLC programming.
Experience within an Automotive business would be desirable but is not essential, the same being for knowledge of pneumatics, electrical components or hydraulics
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to join an already highly successful and reputable business in the local area, who are part of a large global group.
This company pose a progressive career opportunity to employees who show drive and commitment. There is also future opportunity for this role to develop in to an R&D or proposals role due to company expansion, so development and progression is something that's important to the business.
A competitive benefits package is available and a salary to meet your experience. This is a full time role involving 27.5 hours per week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Natasha at Hays Engineering in Manchester now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79010523