Senior Pump Engineer
Our client is a well established engineering business, based in the North East. They design and manufacture engineered products, supplying into various markets globally. They are recruiting a Senior Engineer with experience in Industrial Pumps. Projects involved will be both new build and overhaul/modification of equipment for the pump industry.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, responsibilities include:
- Undertake the preventive and reactive maintenance of pump equipment both on and from time to time off site, by means of physical support as well as telephone support to colleagues, management and customers.
- Management of the pump design process, including time and budgetary control.
- Applying best project engineering practice.
- Prepare and compile tender proposals.
- Co-ordinate design and calculation documentation to satisfy (internal and external) customer requirements.
- Oversee in-house test activities relating to pump performance and duty.
- Co-ordinate requirements and interface with production, procurement, installation and commissioning and review with regards to improvements.
- Undertake design-make/buy/install/commission reviews.
- Generate new sales and opportunities and secure sales through the development of existing and new customer relations.
- Carryout tasks as assigned by the Assembly Business Manager.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive centrifugal pump design, manufacturing operation and maintenance experience with a proven track record from within the pump industry.
- Understand & apply financial information
- Able to deal with all levels of management and staff
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Understanding of business functional areas including Q.E.S.H.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineer, to join a successful business and support their growth.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79125244