Senior Financial Accountant
An innovative and market leading FMCG business with impressive future growth and expansion plans requires a technically strong candidate to undertake the following key role.
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for managing the core accounting and controllership activities for the UK entities, as well as for managing a variety of key cross-departmental projects.
As such you will have a mixture of excellent technical skills, as well as the ability and mindset to communicate with and business partner with various commercial and functional stakeholders.
Duties to include:
- Ensuring accounting for all UK entities is accurate and complete in line with company policy, as well as UK and US GAAP
- Timely completion of month end close activities and reconciliations in partnership with Financial Shared Services (FSS) and the FP&A team.
- The management and successful completion of various key finance projects over the duration of 2016 and beyond.
- Supporting the delivery of new improvements and successful change management at all levels across the business.
- Responsible for revenue recognition accounting around complex contracts.
- Ensuring a strong internal policy and SOX compliant control environment is maintained across finance and all business operations
- Leading external and internal audit planning and timely provision of information and completion of stages and final sign off and filing in partnership with the FSS
- Timely and accurate delivery of Corporate tax and VAT returns in partnership with internal and external advisors
- Build strong relationships and networks with internal stakeholders, including those within commercial/sales teams, and those within the FSS team, Tax, Treasury, etc.
- The continual review and improvement of controls, processes, and procedures.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Qualified Accountant.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge gained from either industry or an accountancy practice.
- Strong understanding of commercial business and process.
- First class communication skills.
- The ability to build rapport quickly, and to ultimately build lasting networks and relationships.
- Highly driven with the desire to take on more and to develop your career.
- Dynamic and able to make quick informed business decisions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79121736