NPD Process Technologist
JOB TITLE: NPD Process Technologist
RESPONSIBLE TO: NPD Manager
- Organise and control all Bakery Trials from the briefs given by the NPD Manager and in line with Critical path deadlines and launch plans.
- Assist in the creation of new products from briefs supplied by the Directors.
- Generate the information required for new, and updated recipes and process specifications and convert into final documents ready for issue.
- Provide raw data for recipe costings and hand it over to the costings team when required.
- Research and source new raw materials for new projects in line with the company and BRC technical requirements.
- Cover the duties of the NPD Technologist in their absence.
- Oversee bakery trials and record results.
- Source new raw materials and manage the process of introducing them into the bakery, including requesting specifications in line with company policy.
- Keep a stock record of all new raw material samples and replace when necessary in line with project timelines.
- Assist with the formulation of recipes for new products.
- Manage the preparation of samples and recipe information for Directors ‘ NPD Meetings, in liaison with the NPD Technologist.
- Provide Manufacturing Specifications to the NPD Technologist for conversion to Exchequer format in readiness for conversion to pack copy and artwork .
- Manage , label and control the stock of all samples in the warehouse.
- Manage the Shelf Life stock of newly launched and epd products.
- Review the Critical paths on a daily basis, carry out actions, and report on defaults.
- Assist the buying department with proposed raw materials changes and packaging by scheduling and controlling the trials within priorities set by the NPD Manager.
- Follow the NPD Process as laid out in the company BRC policy.
- Be part of the Artwork Sign Off Team
Provide support in preparation of HACCP’s.
- Observe and comply with the employee’s responsibilities as stated in the company’s health and safety policy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78533707