Opportunity to join a large and well established international manufacturing business, who are looking for a Planning Engineer / Engineering Planner. Excellent opportunity to step away from hands on maintenance and into a maintenance planning position.
As a Planning Engineer / Engineering Planner, you will be required to manage, maintain and develop the maintenance planning system to assist in providing effective planned and preventative maintenance of the manufacturing assets. To comprise part of the unit engineering management team to ensure all materials, resource and expenditure is controlled to optimum levels. Responsibilities will include: -
- Setting up, managing and maintaining the SAPPM maintenance management tool which is part of the SAP business management system.
- Generating weekly scheduled maintenance plans, identifying critical path and all tasks associated with maintenance stoppages.
- Interacting with Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to review the existing preventative and planned maintenance work orders and update where necessary.
- Ensuring engineering contractors work to site regulations and standards, submit RA's and Job method statements prior to any agreed work being undertaken.
- Issuing and reviewing all check sheets, update and maintain the feedback loop where necessary.
- Generating complex site wide detailed engineering plans for annual maintenance stoppages
- Providing ongoing training and support to the craftsmen on the use of SAP maintenance module(s)
- Providing engineering support on scheduled maintenance periods and holiday cover to maintain an efficient service.
- Setting up new systems for strategic maintenance and monitoring and acting on feedback.
To be successful in your application for the Planning Engineer / Engineering Planner role you will meet the following criteria: -
- Must have an engineering background gained within a manufacturing environment.
- Maintenance planning / engineering planning is required.
- Experience of using SAP for maintenance / engineering planning is preferred, maybe also consider engineers who have planned maintenance using other computerized maintenance systems.
In return, the Planning Engineer / Engineering Planner will receive a salary of between £38,000 - £40,000 plus benefits. Hours of work will be around 8am until 4pm Monday - Friday.
NOTE if you apply for this position a consultant will review your CV and call you if your CV is a match.
If the consultant cannot reach you they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78748382