Would you like a role which will offer you exposure to all aspects of project finance? We currently have a vacancy for a Project Accountant at our site near Pontypool
As a Project Accountant, you will be working closely with several Project Managers and provide support in understanding and reporting the costs, sales, cash and margins of the projects.
This role has a diverse range of projects within finance and this will be an excellent opportunity to get good visibility/exposure within the business
Your main responsibilities as a Project Accountant will involve
- Managing all financial aspects of projects for the Program Managers including the maintenance of Projects within the Project System Module of SAP including Releasing and Closure of Projects, and resolving Project Settlement issues
- Monthly Production of CSR/PSR/SSR Reports, and Review with Project Managers to Reflect an Accurate ETC.
- Analysis of variance against budget For Order intake, Sales and Project Margins
- Preparing reports for senior management review at regular monthly meetings
- Liaising with Project managers to maintain and review Sales & Margin forecasts
- Creation and Updates of Sales and Margin Trading Plans
- Cash Forecasting
- Monthly Reconciliations
- Completion of COSA in line with Finance Policy Manual
- Assisting in the Closure of Aged Projects in SAP
- Take Part in Internal Audits
- Support KPMG in Yearly Audit
Your skills and qualifications:
- Part qualified; CIMA, ACCA or ACA is essential
- Experience and knowledge of SAP is essential (Ideally within project, controlling or logistics)
- Strong excel skills as you will be creating a lot of reports
- Experience of presenting to a group of 10 or more would be desirable
- Ideally you will be from an engineering or manufacturing background
- Previous experience of project accounting would be desirable
What we're looking for in you:
- You will have the ability to work under your own initiative with minimum of supervision.
- You will have good inter-personal skills to work as part of a team and be organised and determined to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- You should be able to simplify and explain Finance & SAP issues to non-finance staff and have the confidence to present information to a variety of audiences.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78918966