Assistant, Financial Institutions
THIS IS A 12 MONTH SHORT TERM CONTRACT.
Purpose of Job
The Assistant is responsible for administrative support and secretarial assistance to senior and/or other allocated Managers from the team. The role is responsible for the smooth running of the Managers' business activities including travel planning and expenses, diary and internal high level meetings inc. committee meetings.
For this role to be successful, they need to interact across the whole of the EBRD up to and including Managing Directors and where applicable external clients & service providers.
The Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support to Director, Senior Bankers, Analysts and assists other Assistants in the team. This role will involve working across six sub-teams.
This role will entail dealing with colleagues in the Resident Offices as well as in the Headquarters, which in turn also includes various departments.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate hotel/travel arrangements, itineraries and arranging visas, renewing passports as required to ensure travel arrangements run smoothly.
- Carry out all secretarial and administrative duties for Director/Manager to enable smooth running of the office.
- Managing diaries, arranging internal and external meetings and conference calls, receiving visitors ensuring that each meeting is seamlessly executed.
- Correspondence - drafting, checking and/or proofreading as needed
- Obtain the appropriate sign off on documents when required ensuring that they are signed or coordinated in a timely manner.
- Prepare Powerpoint presentations and other material for meetings / committees
- Draft routine business correspondence for Director's signature. Prepare, draft and check team documentation ensuring quality management control.
- Responsible for arranging all elements of travel according to EBRD policy and claiming expenses in a timely manner to ensure the Director/Manager does not incur any unnecessary delays in receiving payment.
- Maintain comprehensive filing in various hard copy and electronic systems and archiving for Managers'/team to ensure instant retrieval of documents.
- Organise and coordinate filing in various electronic systems i.e. Live link including all aspects of safekeeping if applicable. Overall coordination and responsibility for the information added, ensuring quality management and control of the information.
- May manage and coordinate conferences and events by being well organised, paying the utmost attention to detail and trouble shooting on the day to ensure that all runs smoothly and to time.
- May act as departmental co-ordinator, IT co-ordinator, HR co-ordinator, Stationery co-ordinator.
- Organise and coordinate internal departmental events ensuring they are professionally managed to a high standard.
- Maintain Team shared calendar, Weekly Whereabouts, & Contact Database.
- Provide secretarial cover during absences and provide handover notes to ensure a smooth transition.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High School Education
- A recognised secretarial qualification would be useful, but is not essential
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of another language (e.g. Russian, German, French, or Arabic) both written and spoken would be useful
- Secretarial and administrative experience essential.
- Good organisational skills, proactive and flexible attitude to work essential.
- Ability to use initiative to undertake tasks and projects without guidance.
- Good communications skills, including pleasant and efficient telephone manner.
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy.
- Good knowledge of the Department's procedures and the EBRD.
- Ability to cope well under pressure.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues in a multicultural environment.
- Conscientious, reliable and flexible with a professional and helpful attitude.
- Strong team player, with the ability to work efficiently and to handle simultaneous assignments involving a wide range of bank-wide contacts.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and professional and a capacity for hard work.
- Excellent interpersonal manner, including tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to exercise judgment on and deal discretely with confidential/sensitive information and data.
- Confidence to put self forward for various projects and responsibilities and quickly understand what is required of the task in hand.
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential
- At least 55 wpm typing
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79004936