Customer Consultant Motor Claims Handler
Customer Consultant – Motor Claims Handler works within our Personal Lines Underwriting Team and handles insurance claims enquiries internally within the organisation. Your customer service skills will be imperative as you will be liaising regularly with various people and departments within Ageas. As a Customer Service Representative you will be responsible for processing new business and policy adjustments. In addition, you will deal with all claims referrals. This can involve telephone contact with the customer or Agent, and dealing with written enquiries and complaints. As a successful Customer Service Representative you will be required to build good relationships and team spirit to contribute to success of the department and business and require efficient handling of the day-to day processing, within agreed service levels.
Your key responsibilities as a Customer Service Representative will be:
- Investigating and replying to all claims referrals, ensuring the Company’s underwriting and service standards, procedures and compliance are maintained.
- Responding to correspondence from the department’s customers, within agreed timescales and authority levels.
- Providing advice and guidance to Intermediaries on Personal Lines Insurance issues.
You will have the following knowledge, skills & experience as a Customer Service Representative:
- Knowledge of Insurance Principles & Practices is desirable, however full training will be provided.
- Keyboard skills are essential
- Good communication skills are required to be able to develop successful working relationships.
- Good standard of education required, supported by a minimum of 4 GCSE’s (Grade C or above) or equivalent experience
- The jobholder will be sufficiently numerate to be able to calculate premiums and check quotations
- Knowledge of Word and Excel is desirable
Here’s some of the "perkz" our people tell us they enjoy:
- Ageas pay and support in achieving the insurance industry recognised Chartered Insurance Institute qualification.
- Ongoing training is provided in helping support career development such as moving up the career ladder into senior and management roles or moving across functions into our support areas like IT, Marketing or HR.
- Starting with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, the option is there to buy or sell 5 days holiday.
- Employees are able to pay for a car lease at a discounted rate through their monthly pay
- We offer a large range of health options like dental plans, healthcare plans, life assurance and free eye tests.
- Ageas double the pension payments that employees make.
- We have a wide range of wellbeing and social activities – you’ll find a full calendar all year round!
- You can also receive childcare vouchers and enjoy discounts on Ageas insurance products and with a wide range of retailers.
- If you find getting to work costly, Ageas discount your bus travel and you can pay monthly
We're a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK, distributing our Personal and Commercial insurance products through brokers, intermediaries, affinity partners and the internet. We have two consumer brands – Back Me Up and RIAS – and partner with some of the nation’s most well-known brands, such as John Lewis, Age UK, Toyota, Virgin Money and General Motors. We’re also partners in Tesco Underwriting, providing home and motor insurance to Tesco Bank customers.
Insuring around five million customers and working with a range of partners, Ageas are recognised for delivering consistent and high-quality customer experiences. We employ around 4,000 people in UK based offices in Manchester, Stoke, Gloucester, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Eastleigh and London.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79029549