Mechanical Engineering Surveyor, Inspection Services - Lift/Crane - Liverpool - Total Package £54K
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your mechanical engineering skills further, and work for a market-leading engineering inspection provider? Zurich Engineering is looking to expand our highly skilled, home based, Engineer Surveyor team, and we currently have vacancies in the Liverpool area for a Lift/Crane surveyor.
Our Engineer Surveyor workforce is central to our continued success, being the ‘Face of Zurich’ to our large and varied client base. You will be carrying out hands-on statutory inspections, providing your expert opinion on a wide range of equipment, enabling our clients to comply with all relevant legislation. No two days will ever be the same, and you will be required to work in a variety of interesting environments.
You will be an experienced engineer with a sound knowledge of your engineering discipline, and our industry-leading bespoke training will ensure that you work to the exacting standards both we and our clients demand. Following your inspection, you will complete your reports on a Toughbook laptop, and them issue electronically to our clients, so good IT skills and high levels of literacy are required . You will be an excellent communicator, and confident in your ability to make sound engineering judgements.
You will be part of a multi-disciplined inspection team within your geographic area, and report to a Team Leader. The role is home-based, with your client base a reasonable travelling distance from your home.
Your Skills and Experience
- To have a Level 4 qualification ( HND / HNC etc.) in a relevant engineering field.
- We will also consider candidates with a NVQ Level 3 or ONC qualification, and support is available to allow you to complete a Level 4 qualification whilst working.
- Hands-on experience in a relevant engineering discipline, such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance/ motor trade.
- A full valid UK driving licence.
- Be willing and able to work occasional paid overtime.
- Market leading salary, currently £33,878 - £42,703 depending on experience. This is reviewed annually.
- Annual bonus of up to 11%, depending on Business area performance.
- Company car – fully funded, with an option to upgrade.
- Location allowances where appropriate.
- Generous 12% Defined Contribution pension scheme.
- 33 days holiday per year including statutory holidays, with an option to buy and sell more if needed.
- Share-save scheme.
- A comprehensive Flexible benefits plan, including, Health Care, Dental Care, Childcare Vouchers, Health screening, Retail Vouchers etc.
As an equal opportunities employer, Zurich celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79032612