Site Controller - Financial Accountant
Did you know that Specsavers is the world's largest privately owned optical group represented in 10 countries globally?
Due to internal progression, we are recruiting for a Financial Accountant – known internally as a Site Controller – to business partner our Manufacturing & Distribution site in Kettering. The role will be based in our Nottingham Support Office but will require frequent travel to the Kettering site.
Uniquely, Specsavers own our own supply chain business so you will be at the heart of the business in terms of quality and provision of goods and services.
Our Manufacturing & Distribution team are responsible for the manufacture and supply of ophthalmic goods across the world. We have our own manufacturing sites in Europe, Asia and Australia, who together with our global distribution centres enable us to offer an unrivalled portfolio of products and get the right product to our customers, fast.
This role is responsible for the financial control of the site including full ownership of the income statement and balance sheet. You will be a Business Partner to the Site Director working collaboratively to identify opportunities which drive improvement in operational and financial performance. Responsible for the production, development and maintenance of all reporting and internal controls.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Financial Controller and Business Partner, being the key point of contact for all the financial requirements of the Site Director, operational teams and Specsavers finance
- Responsible for timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts and reporting along with provision of operationally focussed commentary in line with group reporting requirements
- Performing monthly reviews with Site Director to validate and understand balances, transactions and performance of companies. Investigating and reporting on the drivers behind key variances
- Devise, implement and maintain robust control frameworks within the relevant legal entitles to ensure compliance with group and statutory requirements
- Ensuring inventory and associated movements are recorded accurately and support periodic stock-taking activities
- Producing annual budgets/forecasts in collaboration with Site Director and supporting them through the approval process
- Meeting external audit requirements and producing information to support the statutory financial statements in line with group accounting requirements
- Proactively identifying opportunities within the business to drive and develop a culture of continuous improvement ensuring the customer and partnership is at the forefront of all enhancements and developments
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships across all areas of the business, providing a regular onsite presence at all locations within area of responsibility and becoming embedded into the management team at those sites
- Lead, drive and implement projects, initiatives and reporting enhancements as appropriate to improve business insight
- Provide value added insight into the current and proposed business streams, with a demonstrable understanding of any commercial issues facing the business
- Assist the business to make commercial decisions through provision of relevant financial data, modelling and appraisal of results and impacts
- Responsible for preparation of financial justification of capital expenditure proposals for sites, managing the associated control procedures, producing subsequent reporting, maintaining the fixed asset register and validating post implementation review
Skills & experience sought:
- Qualified or part qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Ability to implement and maintain strong internal controls
- Strong commercial acumen with proven experience of working within a Supply Chain environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both written and interpersonal) with the ability to engage effectively with colleagues at all levels & those that are non-finance based
- A proven track record of working to professional standards in a fast paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills e.g. V-look up, macros, formulae
- Full driving licence, own transport and flexibility to travel regularly
- Prior experience of the optical industry
- A detailed knowledge of Oracle would be an advantage
This is a company with family values at its core. Set up by a husband-and-wife team in 1984, we now have 30,000 people in 10 countries continually developing and flourishing. This supportive environment encourages commitment and rewards talent at every level.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79009964