Client Accountant - £19-23k
The role holder will be responsible for producing accurate company accounts, tax returns and dealing with general queries for our limited company customers in line with business procedures and statutory requirements.
* Deal with day to day queries for your portfolio of customers in relation to cash-flow, accounts treatment, company tax advice, personal tax advice, VAT and PAYE
* Provide a pro-active service to customers utilising relevant MI to ensure that they are constantly informed and have full visibility of all areas of their accounts
* Prepare statutory and non-statutory accounts. This will include manual preparation of accounts and supporting tax computations for customers requiring year end and cessation accounts.
* Assist in the preparation of Self-Assessment Tax returns.
* Manage portfolios to ensure Service Level Agreements are achieved.
* Undertake ad-hoc clean-up or other projects, meeting targets set at the start of the project.
* Suggest process improvements necessary to the role.
* Any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required.
Role Relationships and Reporting Lines:
The role holder will work within the Accountancy Services Department. The Client Accountant will report to the Accountancy Services Team Leader.
They will be required to liaise with various internal departments across the wider business and will have regular contact with our Business Advisory Team to assist with queries.
The role holder will be responsible for an allocated portfolio of customers who they will deal with primarily on the telephone or by email. On occasion, there may be a requirement to meet customers at the office on a face to face basis.
The role holder will work closely with the lead accountant offering support and cover to ensure the portfolio of clients receive a value added service and excellent customer experience at all times.
Essential Experience & Skills
* Minimum 2 years'practice experience
* Proven ability of working towards targets and KPI's
* Experience of monitoring filing deadlines
* Proven ability to work accurately on own initiative
* Strong excel skills, confident using Look Ups, Pivot Tables
Desirable Experience & Skills
* Experience of mentoring or training fellow team members
AAT L4 qualified or working towards or adequate knowledge gained through previous work experience.
* Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, enthusiasm,
* Driven to provide a first-class customer experience
* Friendly, personable and passionate about what they do
* Display good judgement and self-awareness
* Have a pro-active approach to problem-solving and innovation
* Articulate their knowledge and experience with confidence
* Enjoy a fast-paced environment and can adapt to change with ease
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79006198