Storage & Backup Engineer (Cloud / Automation) - Finance
Senior Storage and Backup Engineer
About Man Group:
Man Group is an active investment management firm focused on delivering performance and client portfolio solutions through its five investment management businesses: Man AHL; Man Numeric; Man GLG; Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. As at 30 September 2017, Man Group's funds under management were $103.5 billion. Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com
Purpose of role:
We have an opportunity for a Storage and Backup Engineer within our small, talented, London based storage team.
The role will have responsibility for the design and implementation of new storage projects within the Man Group, as well providing third level operational support of the storage and backup estate.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role both in shaping the future storage landscape, and in continuing to refine and develop existing systems at one of the world's largest independent investment managers.
This role comes at an exciting time for the Man Group storage team as we invest in new technology, with specific focus on storage automation, and the integration of public cloud offerings in to our on premises infrastructure.
This is a challenging and rewarding role that will involve responsibility for multiple projects and operational support of critical systems within the business. The ideal candidate will have excellent critical thinking, innovation, and the drive to continue to improve all our storage systems.
The specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Working in a small team of Storage and Backup Engineers responsible for all aspects of the global storage estate.
- Design and delivery of storage projects both on premises and in the cloud.
- 3rd line support of the Storage and Backup Infrastructure.
- Performance troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Capacity management of the Storage and Backup estate.
- Ensuring high availability of the Infrastructure and minimising the duration and impact of any outages.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of service delivery for incidents, requests and changes.
- Working closely with users across the technology group to ensure that requirements are understood and that storage is used efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure security standards are applied as defined.
- Participate in an on-call support rota.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of Enterprise SAN storage technologies gained in a high availability environment.
- Experience of Enterprise Backup technologies. Ideally Commvault Simpana
- Experience of Fibre Channel SAN fabrics
- Experience of both Design, Project delivery and Operational Support
- Strong Desire to continue to learn new technologies and to continue to develop and improve existing systems.
- Experience and an understanding of the full infrastructure technology stack (compute, network and storage).
- Flexibility to broaden and develop skills as required.
- The ability to prioritise projects, tasks and resources to deliver good results across the team.
- Willingness and ability to innovate with regard to emerging storage technologies.
- Good communication skills with IT staff, end users and VIPs.
- HPE 3Par, NetApp, Compellant, or Pure Storage Flash Array
- Brocade SAN fabrics and DCX Switches
- Commvault Simpana, or HP Data Protector
- Experience with iSCSI
- Performance analysis using relevant vendor tools such as Brocade Network Advisor, HPE System Reporter or NetApp OnCommand Unified manager.
- Knowledge and experience of the Linux, Windows, or VMWare in relation to storage and backup integration.
- Scripting in one or more of the following; Powershell, Python, Bash.
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Development and interpretation of systematic performance monitoring and metrics
- Grafana analytics and monitoring platform.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79052940