Financial Accounting Manager
ACA / ACCA Qualified Financial Accounting Manager Opportunity with a Global Retail Brand
Your new role
The Financial Accounting Manager leads a team of finance professionals (1 Qualified & 2 Part-Qualified) to own the IFRS accounts and ensure compliance with the local regulations & requirements for the UK & ROI business including monthly IFRS closing and annual statutory closing. To manage all external and internal audits, statutory accounts, inter-company positions, corporate and indirect tax. It would ideally suit a practice trained qualified accountant who has 1-2 years industry experience, excellent people management skills and likes to implement and streamline procedures and really drive the business forward from an operational point of view.
What you'll need to succeed
- Delivery of the UK & Ireland Statutory Accounts
- Accurate and on time completion of all month end close and reporting
- Successful audit completion
- Own Team Employee Engagement, Performance and Development
- Manage, coach and develop the Finance Accounting team to deliver individual, team and organisational goals
- Manage the month end close process, ensuring all accounting is completed to strict deadlines. Liaise with the Financial Planning & Analysis team to ensure results are communicated and issues resolved prior to submission of results.
- Responsibility for ensuring all month end reporting requirements to key stakeholders and Europe are met
- Detailed review of accounts working with SAP competency centre to ensure no clearing issues.
- Manage all salary recharges and European cross charges including inter-company interest and royalties.
- Ensure accurate balance sheet reconciliations are performed monthly and submitted on a timely basis for all financial accounts. Review of all GL account recs and follow up on outstanding, aged and reconciling items.
- Execute payment approvals for all payments.
- Responsibility for managing SOX audits and ensuring all SOX procedures notes are up to date.
- Manage the year-end audit, statutory accounts filings and corporation tax work in cooperation with your external partners (Ernst & Young and PWC).
- Manage all indirect tax and corporate governance requirements
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS accounting
- Direct experience of managing, coaching and developing teams of part/qualified accountants
- Experience of problem solving, project management and process improvements with a finance accounting team advantageous
- Experience in SAP essential and Oracle (preferred)
- Hard working, self motivated and able to work under pressure
- A pro-active, business focused attitude, coupled with tenacity & the determination to deliver is essential.
- Able to balance the daily delivery of key short-term activities, with long term thinking
- Excellent decision making skills.
- High attention to detail and analytical with strong problem solving skills
What you'll get in return
This organisation have a defined development plan for this role to accommodate career progression, an excellent benefits package and offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic, forward thinking business that is enjoying market growth and looking to invest in the business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78971241