English teacher - Teacher of English
Are you an English teacher looking to secure a long term temporary position in an Oldham Secondary school?
If so, please see the details of this excellent opportunity available to any secondary English teachers.
* Full time English teaching position - ASAP start - July 2017
* Teaching purely KS3 English to pupils ranging in ability
* Full support from a strong team of staff and experienced head of department
* Pay in line with MPS
Due to an unexpected absence and gap within the English department, our client school located in Oldham have a need for an English teacher who is competent delivering engaging lessons to pupils across lower school (KS3).
The ideal candidate with excellent behaviour management skills. This position involves planning and marking, assuming responsibility for progress and raising attainment for their groups. You will work directly with the Head of English to develop schemes of work that are engaging and encourage pupil progress.
Situated on the border of Royton and Shaw, our client school is a large oversubscribed secondary comprehensive which is well regarded in the local community. The school has currently 1200+ students enrolled across 11 - 16, with excellent links to local colleges. The school has recently undergone a change in Headteacher, with the newly appointed Head immediately making changes in teaching and learning, which have already improved results and progress being made across Key Stage 3 and 4.
Requirements of this post as an English teacher;
* UK QTS or NQT status, with relevant teaching based qualification specialising in English
* Previous experience delivering English at KS3 and quickly boosting grades
* Firm behaviour management and ability to build rapport
* A commitment to a longer term position in Secondary education
If you would like to be considered for the Teacher of English position, please send your CV to Miles Cardilli at Manchester North Secondary - Teaching Personnel or please call directly.