- To ensure that all regular finance processes/tasks are completed consistently and in line with the operating model in place across the organisation
- To compile detailed revenue and/or capital budgets for inclusion within the organisation's budget, in liaison with Senior Business Partners, and in line with the organisation's MTFP and change/efficiency programmes.
- To ensure budget managers, service managers and HoS have a thorough understanding and acceptance of their detailed budgets through holding workshops and other similar processes
- The continuous improvement and development of key financial systems and process ensuring they are implemented consistently and robustly across the organisation.
- To close the annual accounts in line with corporate deadlines and standards
- To ensure the accurate and timely completion of all grant claims and the provision of financial and other appropriate information for their completion.
- Liaise with the organisation's external auditors as needed
- To review and update Service Level Agreements as required by the Service Area.
- To provide financial support to Budget and Service Managers and other staff involved in financial transactions to enable tight budgetary control
In order to apply you must be a qualified accountant, have strong budgetary control experience and ideally management experience. Any Public Sector experience would be advantageous
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79119693