We are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer with a global leader in the supply of automotive components to a number of OEMs. With a strong presence in the West Midlands, their Birmingham site is responsible for providing complex assemblies through a 24-7 operation. Through a hugely successful 2017, the business has acquired a number of contracts for new launches that will see their volumes significantly increase over the next 12 months. With that growth, they are now looking at bringing in a Process Engineer to take lead on i) New Product Launches, ii) introduction of SOPs and problem solving on line faults, iii) support automisation of production lines.
The business has a global presence in the automotive field with strong presence particularly across Europe and America. Within the UK the business has a number of sites catering to a host of OEMs, all with different demands and expectations. In the West Midlands the business has been established with a substantial heritage and is now experiencing a strong period of growth, resulting in the current position for a Process Engineer.
- Developing and improving manufacturing processes alongside quality control measures in order to maximise both qualitative and quantitative output from the plant
- Responsible for helping create and design standard operating procedures for manufacturing personnel including all necessary attention to drawing requirements and specifications.
- Identify crucial areas for process improvements and assimilate action teams to implement changes
- Responsible for line support, overcoming any technical issues relating to that area
- Ensure that all safe working practices are fully known to the team and documented
- Liaison with suppliers to ensure that their processes meet required standards and that their services are operating at maximum efficiency with regards to quality.
- Ensuring that all safe working practices are operational and documented thoroughly, encompassing PFMEA's, training/development and Risk Assessments.
- NPI from process perspective, including great depth of involvement with PLM to ensure that processes are sustainable.
- Automotive background essential, ideally with investment in new robotic lines
- Excellent problem solving skills, including 5why's, 8D and DMAIC
- Superb communication skills with ability to build relationships with many different internal business functions
- Fully conversant with NPI/ Launch procedures (i.e. PPAP and APQP)
Salary from £40,000 - £45,000 DOE + package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78923837